Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Let's workout!

Hello wonderful people!

Welcome back to Baby Got Back...Into Shape! Thank you to all of my loyal followers that have read every blog so far. I appreciate it more than you know. I have gotten such a great response, people messaging me and asking me for advice and asking me to cover certain things. I love that I am your go-to girl in these situations. Please feel free to ask away!

Here is your weekly update on my weight loss. Last time I updated you, I was 187. This was after my stomach virus. Well I gained some of it back. I went up to 192. Right now I am 190. I can't wait to see those 180's again!!! My goal is still 180 by May 1st. Phew, it's coming soon but I know I can do this...no slacking and no excuses! My butt is in the gym every chance I get.

I also mentioned La Croix :
I just bought it today so I will let you know next time what I think! Sorry, I'm slacking. I bought the raspberry/cranberry mmmm sounds good!

Also, here is that WW pizza recipe that I promised. Just a warning, I haven't made this before but I thought you would be interested. And if you didn't like my mini pizza idea, you might like this better. Add any veggies you want for no extra points! (Except for olives, those are extra). Cut this into 6 pieces and it's 7 points a slice. This recipe has great reviews and people say they like this better than chain places.

Instructions

  • Coat a large nonstick pan with cooking spray. Warm pan over medium heat. Add onions and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions brown and become very fragrant.
  • Meanwhile, prepare pizza crust for baking according to package directions. Mince tomatoes and crumble cheese. Tear spinach into pieces. Preheat oven to 425°F.
  • Spread caramelized onions on pizza crust and bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and add tomatoes, spinach and cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, about 3 more minutes. Season with freshly ground black pepper and serve.





I did however make this Cauliflower pizza crust pizza (it's amazing!!) http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=249048
Add any veggies on top. It did take me awhile to prep because of chopping the cauliflower. You can also puree it. 4 points per serving.




So today I am covering workouts! This is my first workout blog post and it's about time. I hope you all find it useful.

I'm just going to go over a few of the workout routines that I did this past week.

This first one is a core workout that I found on Pinterest:

50 crunches (since there are so many crunches in this workout and I get bored easily, I did a different type of crunch each time. For this one I just did a basic crunch.)

15 Push Ups - not girly push ups but if you have to to get through it, then go for it!

1 Min Plank - Feet wide enough apart to give you stability.

30 sec side plank- Even my trainer admits these are hard. Do 30 sec on each side. Free hand on hip or on top of your other hand for more stability. Yes, you are on the side of your foot at this point. It hurt my foot and my shoulder but in time will get easier.

1 minute bridge - Use this as your breathing point. This is a great relaxing catch up position.

15 Push ups
1 min plank
30 sec side plank
50 crunches - This set I did V-ups, my new favorite crunch. It really helps with that stubborn pooch.

1 min raised plank
2 min bridge
50 crunches - For this set, I did bicycle crunches

Obviously you want to try your best not to stop in between sets. And it is actually a very doable routine. My first time I did it I ran into having to stop because I had to look a couple things up. SO do yourself a favor, study this routine so that you know what you are doing. Get familiar with all of the exercises so you don't have to look them up. Take your "smart gadget" with you and have this blog up during your workout so that you know what to do with pictures and everything.



This next arm workout is something that I created on the spot and am very proud of. My heart was racing and my body was sweatin' but it is DOABLE!

5 rounds 

20 Dumbbell thrusts with a 12.5 lb weight (or whatever you need to use)

10 Plank rows on each side with a 10 lb weight (or whatever you need to use)

20 dips - You can use a bench like this girl is using, a chair or what I used - 6 risers.

Bear crawl - I did this exercise in a training room and luckily I was alone so I bear crawled from one side of the room to the other and back.

* IMPORTANT TIPS:
Rounds 2 and 4 - cut the reps in half if need be. I needed to because my 2nd set of dumbbell thrusters were impossible after 10 of them. I didn't want to just struggle through it so I cut them in half. You will work up to doing whole sets.

If you need to rest between sets, only rest for 10 seconds. You don't want your heart rate going down.

If you need to rest between rounds, only do so for 30 seconds. PUSH YOURSELF. I timed myself during my rests and committed to doing these times so you can too!!

After this routine, I did the stair master set for 80 steps per minute (bookin it!) for 10 minutes. I have to admit I had to take it down to 24 steps per minute twice for a minute each because I was really struggling there. I will definitely work on this!




The final workout is something that I made up today...It is kind of a full body workout emphasizing the arms at times. 

50 squats onto 6 risers - Just have the risers or a chair behind you. Tap them with you butt each time you go down.

40 Lateral Push-offs with 5 risers - I couldn't find a good picture (lol) but this is pretty much it. Minus the jump in the middle. You want to go back and forth on your riser with one leg staying on it the whole time. Back and forth counts as one push off. Try to go as fast as you can. You start to get into a groove and it feels good!

10 Plate swings - 25 lb weight (or whatever you need to use) - Grip the holes in the weight and just swing it from between your legs in a squat to over your head and repeat. 

30 lateral push offs
20 plate swings
20 lateral push offs
30 plate swings
10 lateral push offs
40 plate swings

Push yourself! Lately I have this overwhelming feeling of confidence in myself. I know I can do it and as much as my head tells me to stop pushing so hard, I don't listen to it. And guess what? I FINISH THE DAMN ROUTINE. I could have very easily quit. But where does quitting get me? 

All through college all I did was quit. Yo-yo diets all the time. I was comfortable with where I was in life. I didn't think I was that big. Well guess what, I was. And looking back my stomach problems were worse, I felt worse. I felt uncomfortable compared to what I feel like now. I was not comfortable in my clothes at all. 

Now that I am pushing myself, I am PROUD. I did this all by myself. Really. I did. I mean, I have the motivation that you all give me and the inspiration. But no one is there working out with me every time I go to the gym. No one is there for me when I decide what I am going to eat that day. No one is there to tell me not to eat something. Nine times out of ten they tell me to eat it. They say "Oh, one time isn't going to kill you." Well no, it won't and sure i'll eat something bad every now and then in little portions but I don't do it ALL the time like I used to. 

And this is the result:

The picture on the left was from about 2 weeks ago, the picture on the right was 3 years ago when I thought I was comfortable. This was my heaviest, 227 pounds. Let me tell you, there is nothing comfortable about your size 16 jeans digging into you and being in denial that you need to go up a size. I ended up just deciding to stick with all of my stretched out worn clothes because I didn't want to go up a size. 

Today I feel beautiful. I am only half way to my goal weight but imagine what I am going to feel like in days to come. This is not a diet. This is my lifestyle. I have come to the conclusion that when I tried to lose the weight in the past I wasn't ready. If you aren't ready to change your life, then DON'T. It will be such a frustrating and depressing thing to go through. Don't put yourself through that. I am ready now and I will be successful because I am ready. I won't gain this weight back. I'm in it too deep. If you are ready, join me. Start now because now you can be unstoppable. I am unstoppable. I am a warrior and I am doing this for ME.

You are my inspiration, thank you. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment